Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 53

Thread: good books to read

  1. #41
    Inactive Member Yuy Ren's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2003
    Posts
    63
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ORSON SCOTT CARD all the way!! Gotta LOVE the "Enders Game" series.... *drool

    Man, that's about the only trilogy thats got me hooked pretty badly... oh yeah, also:

    Chris Wooding, this anime writer wannabe's "Broken Sky" is pre~tty good.

    yeah... thats about it..hehe

    Yuy Ren

  2. #42
    Inactive Member Verykawaiineko's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2003
    Posts
    64
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Heyy who ever suggested A Density of Souls by Christopher Rice..i thank you from the bottom of my heart..i read it in one night becasue i could not put it down...ahh what a wonderful book...angst,New Orleans(one of my fave towns), and yaoi goodness...ahh soo good...like a really good yaoi manga...soo thank you!! and i suggest everyone to read it!!

  3. #43
    Inactive Member
    good books to read


    Terra--kun's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 30th, 2003
    Posts
    95
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Heheh. I'm glad you liked it ^_^ I did read it 10 hours straight! It seriously IS a great book. Christopher Rice is supposed to have another book out too but I haven't gotten to read it yet... But his style of writing... it's both very blunt and staightforward and leaving a lot to the imagination to inspire you to want to really get to know what happened. I'd call him a thriller writer because he really makes your adrenaline pump so that you CAN spend all night reading it straight without putting it down. You just don't want to let him go!

  4. #44
    Inactive Member Verykawaiineko's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2003
    Posts
    64
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh Christopher Rice's new book is called The Snow Garden its very good and im about 25% done...its darker than his first one and there are so many twist in it. It also is more depressing but who cares....there's boyxboy action and angst im happy...^__^

  5. #45
    Inactive Member jadey's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2003
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    finally catchinf up on all the threads ive missed. glad i read this one.

    im gunna buy so many books now....hehe this is bad for my very petite wallet.

    first things first...christopher rice. just read some reviews...looks pretty good.

  6. #46
    Inactive Member Yuy Ren's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2003
    Posts
    63
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hehe, I said a few days ago in another thread taht i picked it up the very next day at a library. And i'm done with it now...(have been for some time) and I have to say that i truly did enjoy it. It's very cool!!! Man, that was a twisted story tho... NEVER expected the ending... *sigh*

  7. #47
    Inactive Member Grax's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    35
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Most authors have been mentioned....^.^
    The really good one I think are Tamora Pierce(but her earlier books were the best) and Gareth Nix...Harry Potter is sehr gut as well(oops sorry couldnt resist that..just had my German reading exam today ;D)

  8. #48
    Inactive Member Kaze-kun's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2004
    Posts
    22
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Lessee...authors I like...

    Christopher Rice - I'm the one who hooked Terra on him

    Mercedes Lackey - Still my favorite, and if she wouldn't have released so many around Christmas (though all but one were collaberations, I think), I'd have all of her books, both those written singly and collaborations...btw, Vanyel's mine (and maybe Magnus from the latest Bedlam's Bard book, though probably not until he gets a little older...I do get the feeling he's gay or bi, though).

    C.J. Cherryh - I mainly checked her out because she was Mercedes Lackey's writing mentor. If Misty's flare for characterization was learned, I now know where it was from (though I still like Misty better, as I prefer a quicker pace)

    Marion Zimmer Bradley - The Mists of Avalon is probably my 2nd favorite non-Misty book (the first being A Density of Souls). I even have it in German, which I'm reading through mainly for practice.

    C.S. Friedmann - I like all of her stuff, but especially the Coldfire trilogy and This Alien Shore (very sadly, I've lost my copy of the latter [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] )

    J.K. Rowling - I love Harry Potter, even though I'll admit I didn't start reading them until after the first movie came out.

    There are probably some more that I can't think of, but I stayed up all night (dorm beds are hard to sleep on), and it's a struggle just to keep my eyes open.

  9. #49
    Inactive Member jadey's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2003
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    oh yah a book a just finished like a week ago was really good. THE DA VINCI CODE by someone i dont remember

    it was awesome up untill the end where it was only good. after i finished it though..i started looking up all the codes he was talking bout. i wanna know if hes for real or not. youll see what i mean if you read it.

  10. #50
    Inactive Member Grax's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    35
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have decided that I will read Anne Rice's books. But I was wondering which one is the first one in the series, and that if it will make sense if I dont read it in order?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •